Fishing & other activities
How to find us
Reviews and Feedback
How to Enter
- Photos must be taken at the Australian Platypus Park
- Upload your photos to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/australianplatypuspark.
(Please feel free to share your photos with your friends)
- Well known local wild life photographer Alan Gillanders will judge the entries and choose the winner and runner up.
- Finalists will be contacted and required to provide a high resolution electronic version of their photos.
- Winning photos will be displayed at the Australian Platypus Park.
2nd Prize $300
ENTRIES CLOSE: JUNE 30, 2017
WINNERS ANNOUNCED JULY 14, 2017
Judging by |
Alan Gillanders of Alan's wildlife tours
More infomation about Alan Gillanders and his tour company Alan's Wildlife Tours
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is conducted by Tarzali Lakes Aquaculture Centre [ACN 674 252 421] - LOT 3 Millaa Millaa-Malanda Rd, Malanda QLD 4885, Australia
- These terms and conditions, together with the Entry Form, govern the competition and are intended to be a legally binding agreement. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry. For the purposes of Australian law, this photo contest is a 'game of skill' and chance plays no part in determining the finalists or winners.
- Participation is open to any visitor of Tarzali Lakes/The Australian Platypus Park, who is not a director or employee (or the immediate family member of a director or employee) of Tarzali Lakes or any of its related bodies corporate (Eligible Participant). Tarzali Lakes reserves the right to confirm and verify that entrants under the age of 18 have permission from a parent or guardian to enter the competition. The competition is not open to entries of work authored by individuals who are deceased at the time of judging.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 1 November 2016 and concludes at 5pm AEST on 30 June 2017. Late or incomplete Entry or Entries deemed incomprehensible by the Judging Panel (as defined below) will be deemed invalid.
- Eligible Participants are invited to submit photos taken at the Australian Platypus Park of our Platypus. Your images may show animal behaviour, portraits of wildlife in natural habitat, plant life, natural landscapes, weather or people interacting with nature. We are especially interested in images that showcase the Platypus population at the Australian Platypus Park.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Tarzali Lakes upon request. Entrants must not submit images that involve the wilful harassment of wildlife, damage to the environment by the photographer, taking of risks by the entrant, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "High Dynamic Range" image are acceptable. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
- Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, the location the image was taken, and the name of the photographer(s). Please clearly label animals in digital caption information to assist judges in determining eligibility.
- Eligible participants may submit multiple entries to a limit of 50.
- Each photo must be submitted by posting to our facebook page www.facebook.com/australianplatypuspark as a single posting to our page.
- You do not have to share your entry or tag any of your friends when entering the competition but we would love for you to show off the photos you enter by you sharing your entry with others and tagging your friends.
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant's participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- There will be two rounds of Judging
- Ongoing selection of finalists
- Selecting the winners from the finalists
- We will periodically select the finalists through the competition by reviewing the entries made through the facebook posts. If you have made it through to the next round we will contact you via facebook to let you know that you have made it through to the next round and to fill in a details form and submit a high resolution copy of your photo.
- To ensure eligibility for the contest, all entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels) to be made available upon request. Images that do not meet this standard can still be judged, but might not be honoured by the competition (at the judges' sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked. Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for the highest resolution and best quality produces images approximately 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million).
- The maximum file size for upload will be limited to 6 MB (megabytes).
- Entries may originate in any format - including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints - so long as they are submitted electronically. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license. You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to Tarzali Lakes upon request.
- Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honoured by the competition (at the judges' sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, watermark-free version of the image when asked. Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Tarzali Lakes upon request.
- The winners will be announced on July 14, 2017 on our facebook page. We will also contact the winners via phone or email.
- All decisions of Tarzali Lakes and the Judging Panel are final. Tarzali Lakes and the Judging Panel will not enter into any discussions or correspondence regarding any decision in relation to the final decision. No feedback will be provided on unsuccessful Entries.
- By submitting a photo and taking part in the competition, each Entrant (including all Finalists) agrees that (1) the photo they have submitted may be used, free of charge, by Tarzali Lakes if the Judging Panel selects the photo as a finalist; and (2) the Photo is the Entrant's original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. Finalists will be duly attributed as the photographer of the entry in any publication.
- By submitting a photo and taking part in the competition, the Finalists thereby grants to Tarzali Lakes a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, adapt and communicate the Photo anywhere in the world. The Finalists acknowledge and agree that Tarzali Lakes is free to use the Photo and to exercise its rights in relation thereto. The Finalists agree to execute any documentation required to give effect to Tarzali Lakes' rights under this clause, including any required moral rights waivers.
- The Finalists will be notified on a confidential basis by telephone or email prior to the public announcement of the finalist group. The Finalists must keep confidential the fact that their photo has been selected as the winning entry until the public announcement.
- Tarzali Lakes reserves the right to confirm and verify the identity of the Finalists, by requesting the person(s) to provide proof of age, proof of identity, proof of residency and proof that they submitted the photo. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the absolute discretion of Tarzali Lakes.
- From the pool of finalists a overall winner will be picked and a runner up.
- The winner, runner up will also individually win prizes consisting of:
- Overall Winner: $500
- Runner's up: $300
- All prize values are in Australian dollars. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however Tarzali Lakes reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
- The Finalists may be invited by Tarzali Lakes to participate in a media campaign (as determined by Tarzali Lakes), including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and having their name and photograph published in any publications at the absolute discretion of Tarzali Lakes. By submitting an entry, Eligible Participants agree that if the Judging Panel selects their photo as a finalist, they will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests made by Tarzali Lakes at no cost to the finalists or winners. Tarzali Lakes is not obliged to invite the Finalists to participate in any such media campaign and the invitation is at the absolute discretion of Tarzali Lakes.
- If Tarzali Lakes does not receive a photo that meets the expected photographic standard as determined by the Judging Panel, Tarzali Lakes is not obliged to select any finalists or winners.
- Tarzali Lakes accepts no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted or misdirected Entries, including Entries not received by Tarzali Lakes or delays in the delivery of a photo due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- If an Eligible Participant's contact details change during the period of the competition, it is the Eligible Participant's responsibility to notify Tarzali Lakes. A request to access, modify or delete any information provided in an Entry Form should be directed to Tarzali Lakes. No changes may be made to a photo after submission.
- Copies of the Entries submitted will not be returned to entrants.
- We reserve the right to cancel the competition and void the awarding of prizes if there are not enough suitable entries to run the competition. If the competition is cancelled it will be announced on our facebook page.
- If the competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason outside the control of Tarzali Lakes including (without limitation) vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism; or due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the competition, Tarzali Lakes reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available including to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written directions given from the various State or Territory Government authorities (where required).
- Tarzali Lakes and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Other than statutory and other warranties that cannot be excluded by law, Tarzali Lakes and its related bodies corporate assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an entrant or as a result of any of the systems, equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical or human error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, computer line, mobile telephone or satellite network failure, software, server or provider failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.