The public are welcome to visit the Aquaculture Centre and participate in all its activities.
All visitors enter at their own risk.
We ask you to please observe the following safety advice and abide by the following common sense Terms and Conditions of entry to the Aquaculture Centre.
- You must ensure that you minimize the stress and injury to the fish you catch. Due to Queensland Health regulations all fishing is catch and release only. All your fresh fish needs are available for sale at the Smokehouse Cafe.
- Please take care when handling the hooks and stay well clear from people who are casting.
- All children 13 and under must be supervised by an adult/guardian at all times.
- Absolutely no swimming or wading at any time.
- Vehicle Access and Speed
- Vehicle access is restricted to the driveway and car parking areas except where permission is given. Please limit your vehicle speed to less than 20 kph.
- Due to the abundance of wildlife, pets must remain on a leash at all times in the open areas or remain with the vehicle for the whole duration of your stay. The restaurant, platypus dam and nocturnal tour areas are strictly out of bounds to pets. We reserve the right to request that pets be confined to cars should the owners not show consideration for other guests.
Assistance animals are exempt from these rules.
Owners are requested to clean up after their pets.
- Visitors are reminded that Tarzali Lakes is also an accredited nature reserve that includes protected species. Anyone found disturbing or interfering with any animals and plants will be immediately requested to leave.
- Articles left in cars
- Take the usual precautions by locking your vehicle and consider placing valuables in the boot away from view.
- Dam Walls
- Do not allow children to climb up and down the dam walls.
- Garbage should be placed in bins provided and your area should be left as it was found.
- Management rights
- We reserve the right to remove any person whose behaviour is adversely affected by alcohol or drugs or who demonstrates aggressive or threatening behaviour.
- Lost, stolen or damaged property
- Tarzali Lakes does not accept any liability for visitor's lost, stolen or damaged property.
- We do not allow BYO.
- Alcohol consumption is only allowed in the designated area.
- Camp Fires
- No Camp fires are not permitted at any time.